Friday, August 16, 2013

Underrated gem #12: Lonely Heart


"Lonely Heart" is one if those songs that you end up liking so much more after you watch UFO play it.  The moment I knew this was a great song was when I saw Neil Carter play the sax solo in the middle of the song.  I loved watching the video for this song on YouTube, because it brought so much more energy to the song.  I already loved the song so much to begin with, but now it is one of my favorites.  It is such a light song, but it also has great energy.  The piano riff is so awesome(also from the brilliant Neil Carter), and the powerful guitar riff is so awesome.  It makes me feel like I'm running at a great speed.  Phil's vocals are amazing, he puts so much energy into his performance, and I love how the prechorus puts chills on you.  The chorus is amazing because the band's backup vocals fits so well to Phil's voice.  The guitar solo is amazing, because it is pretty simple, but it has so much emotion.  Neil's sax is amazing, because it fills the song's atmosphere to a completely different level.  It reminds me a little of the bagpipes on "It's A Long Way To The Top" by ACDC.  I definitely recommend this song to all UFO fans, because it is truly amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! This tune is a monster,Ryan... killer hook,just the right balance of commerciality and flat-out rockin' and a lovely surprise of a sax solo from one of hard rock's premier utility men,Neil Carter. And the axes! On the TOTP video I see Tonka's everpresent and sadly discontinued B.C. Rich Bich, what I think is a beautiful white Gibson Birdland slung by Mr. Carter and of course, Pete Way's and my own weapon of choice, the Gibson T-Bird. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the song. It is a new favorite of mine. I love it so much. They were so creative with instruments in the 80's.

      Delete