Thursday, September 26, 2013

What Do You Think The Ideal UFO Lineup Would Be?


UFO is currently in an awesome lineup now, but what would the ideal UFO lineup?  I would have to go with Phil Mogg on vocals, Michael Schenker and Paul Chapman on a guitar duo, Neil Carter doing keyboards, guitar, and sax, Pete Way on bass, and Andy Parker on drums.  I think that this band would be so awesome, because Paul and Michael are both such good guitar players, and if Michael learned to work in a duo, then that would be so amazing.  I really like Neil Carter so much, because he is so musically diverse.  He can play like anything, and he is also an amazing writer.  I think that it is pretty obvious to have Pete and Andy as the rhythm section, because they are both at the top of the list of the best for each instrument.  The band was at its peak when they were together.  Obviously Phil is I my perfect lineup, because there would be no UFO if there wasn't Phil Mogg, and I also think he is probably one of the best singers to ever live.  What would your ideal UFO lineup be?

3 comments:

  1. Well Ryan, I agree that the obvious choice for vocalist is Phil Mogg, not just by default but by the fact that as you said, he is the face and sound of UFO. I would then have the duo of Schenker and Atomic Tommy because I think it would be an interesting blend of two different styles from two different eras. Like Mogg, Pete Way is a defining member of UFO and has to be on the bass. Also his manic stage presence is vital to the line-up. Finally, I've just got a soft spot for utility man Paul Raymond. While not as versatile as Carter, Raymond is a rocker through and through and was also chosen early on by Schenker for his own band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention Andy Parker as my choice on drums. Groove-oriented, hard-hitting...and he knows all the songs,lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love that lineup. I like Raymond a lot, but Carter just really amazes me with his musical brilliance

      Delete