Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Best Guitar Solo By Michael Schenker In UFO


Michael Schenker was in UFO from 1973-1979, and in these six iconic years; Michael broke all boundaries of what is known as a guitar solo.  He played with more emotion and preciseness than any guitar player before him, and he influenced many.  It is so hard to pick the best guitar solo Michael ever played, because so many of them are amazing.  Whether it is the speedy and emotional ending of "Love To Love," or it's the chill worthy solo in "Born To Lose," they are all great.  My favorite would probably have to be the solo in "Born To Lose," because it starts very Scorpion like, and it ends up being a very emotional solo that just showcases Michael flying across the neck.  I love this solo so much because of certain runs he does.  

What is your favorite one of Michael's solos? Is it the same as me, or is it different?  Comment to me to let me know.  

12 comments:

  1. Always liked the Try Me solo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I was actually right in the bat with Try Me. Very close. That is a brilliant journey of a solo. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Try Me solo, and I totally LOVE the solo on This Kids, from the Strangers in the Night live LP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both excellent picks. Try Me is so amazing because how it keeps building up. Kids on strangers is just perfect. Along with Michael's playing, the vibe of the other instruments are also so essential to it too.

      Delete
    2. I just heard the This Kids solo last week! It cranks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Precisely. Could be the best solo in Rock history.

      Delete
  5. Ryan, I just discovered Micahael Schenker a week ago! He is pretty much all I have been listening to. Amazing!! I'm 52 and love all the bands from the 70s, especially the English bands and the ABB, ZZ Topp, Neil Young, VH. I feel like I've discovered a long buried (to me), JEWEL! Thanks for this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you discovered Schenker. He is such an amazing player! The 70’s were the best era for music to be honest. I love Van Halen! They have been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Thanks for the support and I’m glad you are enjoying the blog!

      Delete
  6. That is a tougher than it seems. So many great solos.
    One I have been trying to get right for years is "Let It Roll"
    Not "Rock Bottom" , when I was a kid yes." I'm a Loser" "Highway Lady" " On with the Action" "Lights Out"
    Some of the recently (2023)remastered live version are Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try Me has one of the best solos, however I swear the solo in Born to Lose sounds like something Rudolph Schenker would play!

    ReplyDelete