Monday, June 10, 2013

UFO 1 Album Review

3.5/5
                    
UFO 1 is the first album made by UFO.  This era of their music featured guitar Mick Bolton, and it has a much more psychedelic sound, and it doesn't have as good of production with the Decca studios as they did with Chrysalis Records.  Regardless, there are some very good songs on this album.  My personal favorite on the album is a very mellow ballad called "Come Away Melinda."  This song is especially neat because the sound effects make a story out of the song, and there is also a great guitar solo from Mick Bolton.  This album features a lot of covers of different songs, and I think they are all pretty good.  The cover of "C'mon Everybody" by Eddie Cochran is really great because it turned the song into a headbanger.  It also has some great bass playing by Pete Way.  Another original song on the album that I feel sticks out is "Shake It About."  I like the whole bass intro by Pete Way because it brings a real boogie type of feel to the song.  I also feel Phil Mogg's vocals on this song are very good, because they bring out a lot of attitude to the song.  My least favorite song on the album is "Follow You Home."  I'm not saying that it is a terrible song, but its riff does copy "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks.  Overall, this is my least favorite of the early UFO albums, but I still feel that it is a cool album, and I do listen to it a lot.  I would recommend it to people who like psychedelic music, or huge fans like me of UFO

2 comments:

  1. Yes they are Austin. Thank you for commenting and showing ur opinion. I have videos at the top of the blog so u can listen to them

    ReplyDelete