Saturday, October 25, 2014

Best and Worst Covers of UFO songs

In my opinion, the best cover of a UFO song is Europe's version of "Love To Love."  This is one of the few covers of UFO that I find worthy at all.  The band stayed very true to the song, and they played everything spot on. I was never a fan of Europe to be honest, but this cover gave me a lot of respect for them.

Runner up for best would be "Lights Out" by Ratt. Ratt was one of the best bands in their heyday, and they really kicked butt with this cover. They even got Michael to play. While Steven isn't exactly like Phil, he stayed true to the song, and did a great job.

Now the worst can be a list, because I've heard a lot of bad UFO covers.
1. Rock Bottom by Tesla- music sounded good, but the vocals are awful in every sense of the word, and they completely ruined everything.
2. Love To Love by Zwan- If this song wasn't a cover, I would like it a lot, because it's honestly not bad, but when I look at it and know that the band was covering my favorite UFO song ever, and the only thing that is like it is the lyrics, then I was disappointed. They turned it into a piano driven melancholy song, and while the music is nice, they completely butchered it as a UFO cover, by completely skipping the intro and guitar solos.
3. Lights Out by Stryper- Hate the band, and hate the cover of this song. I don't feel like they did any justice to it at all. They made it all modernized, and the lyrics sound like crap.

Any other opinions for the best or worst covers of UFO songs? Feel free to share them in a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment