Saturday, August 17, 2013

Underrated Gem #13: Night Run


"Night Run" is another of my favorites from an era of UFO that was almost controversial.  I love this era, because the 1986 album Misdemeanor is great.  This song is one of the best songs from the album, and I really like it.  It is very keyboard heavy, but that was mainly because of the fact that its an 80's album.  I do happen to like the keyboards though when they were used appropriately.  I also like the opening riff on the guitar, because it makes the song very militant in a sense.  I also feel that a very important piece to this song, because they really blend to the song, and it makes it very uplifting.  I also love Tommy's solo, because while its flashy it fits so well to the song, and it really shows his great talent.  Even though this song will not be on list of top UFO songs, it is still great music.  It came from a different time, and a different point of UFO's creative vision.  It is a very good 80's song, and it is awesome.  So I recommend it to fans of UFO, and also to fans of music from the 80's.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan,"Night Run" is one of my favorite UFO tracks for exactly the reasons you mention. I am a big fan of 80s hard rock as well as a fan of UFO in general. Atomic Tommy's solo is perfectly executed and the song itself has an irresistible groove. Another track from the Misdemeanor LP that knocks me out is "One Heart" which possesses many of the same characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes John I love "One Heart" too. I think it's an awesome album. I don't see why so many people disliked it

    ReplyDelete