Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Something I've Changed My Mind On.

When I first wrote an article on my favorite UFO producer, I chose George Martin from No Place To Run.  I still love his production on that album a bunch, but I think he is second to Ron Nevison. The reason I say this is that he produced Lights Out, Obsession, and Strangers in the Night.  Just Strangers In the Night alone is enough to prove he is the best. He just perfectly executed everything on this album. He made the flow amazing, and it really sounds like you are at the concert right now, the biggest reason for this is that there isn't any gap between the songs at all, so it is so much more realistic.  The other two albums he produced are perfect too; especially Lights Out.  As you can see I changed my opinion after listening to these albums again, and I think this decision is a little more logical.  No Place To Run really impressed me because of the sound on songs like "Lettin Go," "Mystery Train," and "Anyday," but as a producer I think Nevison is better in general. Do you agree with this change in opinion?

1 comment:

  1. No Place to Run is my favorite album. I love it. It was the first UFO album I bought. The cover is amazing and then theres that Paul Chapmans intro before Lettin Go blow your mind with its killer riff. Mystery Train continue in the same vein. Mogg really shines on with Gone in the Night. No Place to Run and Anyday are great tracks too. Lyrically the album is on top in UFO catalogue. Thats how I became a huge fan of UFO.

    ReplyDelete