Sunday, June 30, 2013

Beginnings Album Review

4.5/5

Beginnings is a high quality collection of all of the work the band did with Mick Bolton.  I like this set a lot because it is very original, it has good sound quality, and it has a bonus track.  The only thing that I think is missing is that it doesn't have the amount of bonus material that the Chrysalis Years set had.  This album was put on to two discs.  The first disc has UFO 1 and some of UFO 2: Flying.  The second disc has the rest of Flying, and the band's early love classic UFO 3: Live.  The album also has a bonus track called "Galactic Love," which was a single released by the band in 1972.  The sound quality is very nice, because it sounds remastered, but it also doesn't ruin the sound of the original cuts.  I think that if this album put some extra live tracks, or alternate cuts of songs; it would definitely be perfect.  I think that this set is very affordable, because I bought it on Amazon for only 9 dollars.  This is much better than buying the albums separately, because you will be paying much more.  

I think that this set is very convenient, and it is definitely a great way to get in to the early band.  It is very cool to display too with its awesome album cover.  I highly recommend this box set, and it is a great buy.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many times this early material has been reissued. I have the 3 mini lp sleeve sets of those first 3 albums on Repertoire and their quite good. I prefer to have the original cover art personally but that's because I'm anal retentive!!!

    ReplyDelete