Sunday, June 16, 2013

What Is The Best UFO Album Cover?

Over the years, a big part of UFO has been their album covers.  They had famed cover company Hipgnosis make their covers from the mid 70's to the early 80's.  These are probably the most famous album covers by the band, because they include Force It and Strangers In The Night.  These early album covers had a very smart sense of humor.  They also had great artwork that featured intriguing detail. Even with the most recent cover Seven Deadly; the album cover is still so detailed and in a way humorous, and it was made by a different artist than the old ones.   My favorite album cover from the band would have to be Strangers In The Night because it just has such an insane feel with the people screaming on the front, and all of the different colors give their cover an interesting feel to it.

My question to you is, what is your favorite album cover by UFO?  It can be from any era of the band by any artist.  Please comment me on this so I can see your opinions.  I would love to figure out what other people consider the best cover to be.  

7 comments:

  1. My favourite is Phenomenon , very clever with the 'after' photo on the back of the album. In my teenage years I painted this cover on my bedroom wall, took me ages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phenomenon is very neat. It is clever. That is very neat that you painted it on your wall. I bet that took forever. Thanks for commenting. It has been great to hear your opinions. And you were right about Mystery Train. I switched that to my favorite cover by the band.

      Delete
  2. I love the Misdemeanor cover !!
    Obsession is classic .
    Can't say that any one is my favorite - they're all cool !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to like those too. The band has so many classic album covers that it is very hard to say. Thanks for commenting Liz.

      Delete
    2. And by the way Liz, great top ten list on the UFO website. Ill be sure to listen next week.

      Delete
  3. That is a good one. Reminds me of dirty deeds done dirt cheap by ACDC

    ReplyDelete