Saturday, July 6, 2013

Michael Schenker's Classic Gibson Flying V


Michael Schenker's Gibson Flying V is an iconic guitar of rock.  He made the instrument much desirable, and this was shown with the large following of the guitar in rock.  This guitar got such a great sound, and many people dream to have it.  He used this album on all of the old UFO albums.  This includes Strangers In The Night.  His tone on songs like "Rock Bottom" is so magnificent.  Most likely because the guitar goes so well with the wah pedals he used, and his Marshall amps.  His Flying V was also an amazing looking guitar.  The ghost white body, and the black pickups are beautiful on the body.  I also find the shape of the headstock to be very cool, because it is much wider than most.


Michael's Gibson Flying V is a dream guitar for me.  Along with Randy Rhoads' Les Paul, I think it is one of the nicest guitars to ever be made.  I think it is a visually appealing, and great sounding guitar.  One day I will buy one just like his, and it will be amazing.  Even though Michael has his new Dean Flying V model, I think this is his iconic guitar that everyone will remember. What is your dream guitar?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Ryan...the Flying V, white with that black and white split headstock is the Schenker axe that I most readily identify with him. As a bass player my dream guitar would have to be a vintage Vox Teardrop Bass as used by Bill Wyman in the 60s. I'd love to get my hands on one of them. My axes I use happen to be Gibson Thunderbirds and Fender Precisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a beautiful guitar. I checked out the Vox Teardop Bass and I think it is very neat. And those are cool guitars you have. I have a Washburn, Ibanez, Fender acoustic, and a Yamaha 12 String Acoustic.

    ReplyDelete