Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What Is The Best "Anthem" By UFO?


What is UFO's ultimate anthem.  Before I answer this, you should know what my idea of an anthem is. I think that an anthem should be a catchy song that is easy to sing along to, and one that will always be remembered.  For bands like KISS or Journey, anthems would be "Rock And Roll All Night," "Don't Stop Believing," or "I Love It Loud."  UFO has many songs that could be considered an anthem.  I think that "Lights Out" is an anthem, and others include "Rock Bottom,"Out In The Street," and "Natural Thing."  None of these are my favorite, but all are great.  The thing that they have is just that familiarity with fans, and they could be easily sang along to.  My favorite anthem by the band is "Shoot Shoot." This song is one of the ultimate anthems of all time, because it is so catchy, and it rocks.  The lyrics are so great to sing along to, and every riff is super catchy(especially the post chorus and outro riff).  I feel so pumped when I play this song on guitar, because it has that energetic feel to it that makes an anthem.   What is you favorite UFO anthem?

Other runner ups: "Chains Chains," "We Belong To The Night," "Mean Streets," "I'm A Loser," "Fight Night," and "Too Hot To Handle."

4 comments:

  1. "Only You Can Rock Me" gets my vote, Ryan. It is one of my fave UFO tunes and the one I identify with the band most. It has all the elements...Phil's power vocals, Paul Raymond's nice organ work and Schenker doing what he does best. Textbook UFO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah definitely I can't believe I missed that song. It is a great jam tune too.

      Delete
  2. In Chicago , LIGHTS OUT is a great anthem because
    EVERYONE sings "Lights Out Chicago" , ie: Strangers !!!
    I always thought ROCK BOTTOM was their greatest "anthem" -
    but , in concert , LOVE TO LOVE might be considered an
    anthem as well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Strangers In The Night version of Lights Out is such a great anthem. I think that line "Lights Out In Chicago" an amazing gem, and it is amazing. I agree with your other picks too, and Love To Love is by far my favorite song of all time, so I'm very partial to it. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete